Check out our Photo
Gallery for the latest covergae of events
Afterschool Day Proclomation
Leadership Palm Beach County has elected the following
people to its board of governors:
- president, Marty Rogol of Marketing Concepts Inc
- first vice president, Brian Edward of the United Way
- second vice president, Laura Cunningham of The Palm Beach
- treasurer, Ron Harbison of Valuation Analysts LL
- immediate past president, Dorothy Bradshaw of the South
Florida Water Management District
- legal counsel, David Greene of Ruden McClosky
New board members include: Laurel Baker, Bradley Harper,
Eric Hopkins, Lisa Johnson, Nellie King, Jack Lansing, Jane
Pike, Nancy Proffitt, Wendy Terry and Josh White.
New ethics group eyes "culture of corruption"
The Palm Beach Post
Leadership Palm Beach County, a nonprofit organization formed
more than two decades ago to foster efficient communication
among county leaders, has created a special ethics committee
to tackle the "culture of corruption" that has colored
the community in recent months. "We have been talking
about how we reverse that and have a 'culture of ethics,'"
Marty Rogol, the group's president, said Thursday. "Obviously,
this is something that is high on everybody's agenda right
It's important for the image of Palm Beach County
that we don't do this anymore."
The committee, formed in the past two months, will look at
creating an ethics "pledge" for local businesses,
governments and professionals. Members also may hold a community
meeting on the issue and craft an educational campaign, Rogol